Success is a Team Effort
Last week was a great week for Central Louisiana Tourism. Cenla took home two Louey awards at the Louisiana Travel Promotion Association (LTPA) Annual Membership Meeting. The Louey Awards honor and showcase individuals and organizations who have made outstanding contributions to the Louisiana tourism industry.
The Alexandria/Pineville Convention and Visitor's Bureau won Tourism Campaign/Promotion of the Year for their culinary campaign, Eat Here Cenla. Central Louisiana has an array of award-winning culinary gems. In partnership with the Alexandria/Pineville Area Convention & Visitors Bureau, a culinary campaign was created to increase awareness and foot traffic to the locally owned and operated restaurants in Central Louisiana through the Eat Here Cenla Campaign the public was educated about locally owned restaurants, local chefs, local food artists, farmers' markets, locally grown foods, locally made food products, and where to find all of these components via web, social media, and public relations. Locals and visitors are enticed to eat, buy and experience local foods, products and venues.
This award is the second state award for the "Eat Here Cenla" Campaign. In 2016, "Eat Here Cenla" won a Lantern Award from the Southern Public Relations Federation.
The City of Alexandria won Festival of the Year for AlexWinterFête. Among the many festive cities in the Louisiana Holiday Trail of Lights, Alexandria/Pineville offers a winter experience unlike any other. AlexWinterFête offers multiple holiday-themed attractions, ice skating, Multi-Cultural Village, Louisiana food vendors, holiday shopping, and much more. AlexWinterFête provides the Alexandria/Pineville a truly magical winter experience. The festival also incorporates ways to give back to the community through programs such as the Ugly Sweater 5k Run and the “Put a Sock in It” charity campaign to benefit local non-profit organizations.
AlexWinterFête was recognized in 2016 by winning The Central Louisiana Chamber of Commerce 2016 Bizzy Award for Best Marketing Campaign.
Congratulations! We are so proud to partner with both the Alexandria/Pineville Convention and Visitor's Bureau and The City of Alexandria as their marketing/advertising agency of record. This was a team effort that won these State Awards.
The winners of the 2017 Louey Awards are as follows:
- Outstanding Convention and Visitors Bureau/Tourist Commission of the Year (up to $499,999): Natchitoches Convention and Visitors Bureau
- Outstanding Convention and Visitors Bureau/Tourist Commission of the Year (budget from $500,000 - $999.999): Sabine Parish Tourist Commission
- Outstanding Convention and Visitors Bureau/Tourist Commission of the Year (budget from $1 million and above): Visit Baton Rouge
- Tourism Campaign/Promotion of the Year: Eat Here Cenla
- Festival/Event of the Year: AlexWinterFête
- Attraction of Year: Mcllhenny Company
- Accommodation of the Year/Full-Service Lodging: DoubleTree by Hilton, Lafayette
- Accommodation of the Year/Limited-Service Lodging: Comfort Suites, Natchitoches
- Accommodation of the Year/Bed & Breakfast: A Chateau on the Bayou
- Restaurateur of the Year: Charlie Goodson
- Campground RV/Park of the Year: Lakeview Lodge, Ferriday
- Major Event of the Year: U.S. Travel’s 2016 IPW
- Governmental Friend of Tourism: Representative Helena Moreno
- Governmental Friend of Tourism: Senator Eric LaFleur
- Will Mangham Tourism Lifetime Achievement: Michael Valentino
- Victor Profis Travel Media: Michael Stafford