Phishing websites and emails are designed to trick you into disclosing your login, password, or other sensitive info by disguising themselves as trusted senders. Kinetix can provide the necessary tools to protect your employees from malicious emails.
Effective Security Training For Your Business Email
Are you aware that many of your business email addresses are exposed on the Internet, and easy to find for cybercriminals? With these addresses, they can launch social engineering, spear- phishing, and ransomware attacks on your organization. Utilizing security awareness training and security tests can be effective tools to reduce unintentional insider threats. Give your employees a safe way to report suspicious emails and prevent future exposure.
Data safety is paramount in this new age of “Ransomware”
“New strains of encrypting ransomware are now showing up every week, so businesses have to remain vigilant and ensure they supplement strong security defenses with security best practices. It is vital to back up and archive critical data, only open email attachments from trusted or verified senders and disable Microsoft Office macros by default, only to be enabled when absolutely necessary.” - InfoSecurity Magazine
Due to today’s technology it is of the utmost importance for every company to ensure a quality backup routine. It is also critical for some companies to archive their data as well. Security awareness training or “the human firewall” also provides an extra layer of security for your business data.
Ransomware Attack – Are you prepared?
- Do not charge mobile devices via laptop and USB
- Identify where sensitive data is stored and how it is protected
- Perform an annual independent IT security assessment
- Limit employee use of public Wi-Fi when accessing company data
- Examine the use of cloud storage for highly sensitive data
- Continuously update software to close potential vulnerabilities
- Encrypt portable devices (laptops, smartphones, USB)
- Ensure that shared resources such as wireless printers are secure
- Minimize 3rd party access to sensitive data and network assets (vendors, contractors, practice consultants, etc.)
- Design and implement a segmented network (servers, wireless, personal computers, etc.)
Email Exposure Check
We do a search, similar to what the bad guys do, to find all the forward facing emails from your organization publicly available online. It also searches within PDF, Word and Excel files for any email addresses. We report this list monthly, as well as the location where each individual email was found.
This Vishing Security Test module trains employees against social engineering attacks but now via the phone on their desk. It includes five scenarios which you can use to test your users and keep them on their toes with security top of mind.
Phish Alert Button
This button gives your users a safe way to forward email threats to the security team for analysis and deletes the email from the user’s inbox to prevent further exposure. All with just one click.