The Web Services Specialist is responsible for Web Maintenance oversight and the management of Web Development projects and the completion of tasks related to Web Development, SEO, and WCAG Compliance. Monitoring web trends, then using that research to determine how to adjust internal processes to increase efficiency and effectiveness of services for our client’s success.
Essential Functions and Basic Duties
- Manage web service requests, complete and/or work with programmer to complete, communicate with clients on status of requests
- Assist with website proposals, timelines and sitemap generation for onboarding of potential clients and existing clients
- Assist Web Development Director with and manage own web development projects (WordPress and Drupal) through all phases from creation to launch
- Coordinate and manage necessary tasks and access with outsourced programmers
- Maintain and Manage WCAG Accessibility Standards on all applicable websites coordinating with programmer(s) when necessary
- Oversight SEO Services to include but not limited to SEO Standards, coordinate the creation of new SEO content, keywords, meta tags, blog posts, etc.
- Work with SEO team to maintain and manage SEO technical fixes on designated websites
- Create and/or coordinate the creation of new SEO content, blog posts, etc.
- Assist with the troubleshooting web challenges related to WordPress and Drupal
- Research and implement web design and SEO best practices
- Assist Digital department with web related needs (ex: tracking codes, pixels, etc…)
- Act as a team player/self-starter with the ability to analyze tasks, work independently and to drive projects to completion
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Required Knowledge
- Bachelor’s Degree or 1-3 years in related field
- Google Analytics Certification for Beginners
- Google Analytics Advanced
- Google Analytics for Power Users
- Google Getting Started with Google Analytics 360
- Other certifications as needed
- Understanding of website design, website redesign, website hosting services, and SEO services
- Understanding of technology in the business environment
- Proficient with Outlook, Adobe Acrobat, Word, Excel
- Proven self-starter and success record
Skills / Abilities
- Problem Solving – Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; gathers and analyzes information skillfully; develops alternative solutions; works well with group problem solving situations
- Analytical – Uses intuition and experience to complement service data and customer information; reviews current workflows and procedures to improve efficiency
- Oral & Written Communication – Speaks and writes clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification.
- Teamwork – Exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; welcomes feedback; contributes to being a part of a positive team spirit
- Planning/Organizing – Prioritizes and plans work activities; uses time efficiently
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; reacts well under pressure; treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; accepts responsibility for own actions; follows through on commitments
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; looks for ways to improve and promote quality; applies feedback to improve performance; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; manages competing demands; changes approach or method to best fit the situation; able to deal with frequent change, delays, or unexpected events
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work and on time; ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; takes responsibility for own actions; commits to work when necessary to reach goals; completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan
- Valid Louisiana driver’s license with clean driving record
- Proof of US Citizenship
- No felony arrests
- Dress and appearance should be business casual and grooming according to Kinetix Handbook and position
In the course of employment, the employee shall not disclose in any manner whatsoever, and shall hold and maintain the following Confidential Information in the strictest confidence:
- Salary and benefit offerings
- Confidential, important and/or proprietary technical information concerning the Company’s products and activities
- Business plan and plan of operations
- Any and all customer information including but not limited to the following; customer lists, proposals, invoices, financial statements, non-published price lists, trade secrets and business model.
If the recipient makes unauthorized disclosures or misappropriates Confidential Information, the Company will be notified immediately and recipient will be considered in breach of the obligation.